If you are cruising to Mallorca you will almost certainly be arriving at one of Palma’s cruise terminals. Below you will find some interesting information about the cruise terminals at the port of Palma, so you can plan your visit to Mallorca.
Cruise Terminal Location:
There are two cruise terminals at the Port of Palma:
- Muelle de Poniente, where you will find the Estacion Maritima buildings 1,2,3 and 4.
Most cruise ships dock at the Muelle de Poniente, a modern terminal that also is a transit area for ferry passengers to the mainland and other Balearic islands. This cruise terminal is located 6 km southwest of the historic city.
At the building Estacion Maritima 2 you can find a bank, ATM, toilets and taxi service. The bus stop is outside the cruise terminal.
- Dique del Oeste, where you will find the Estacion Maritima buildings 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Sometimes the cruise ships dock at the Dique del Oeste area, when the port is very busy and also if it is a big cruise ship. The Dique del Oeste cruise area is by the industrial zone, near the Porto Pi Lighthouse and San Carlos Castle. It is situated 8 km away from the city centre and main highlights.
Palma Cruise Port Map:
By clicking on the link below, you can download a PDF file with a detailed map of the Port of Palma de Mallorca including the cruise terminal area, the main buildings and a street map of the old town area and the port.
Alternatively, you can see the different relevant places on a Google Map:
How to get to Palma City Centre from the Cruise Terminal:
Although cruise ships in Palma de Mallorca dock at about 6 to 8 kilometres from the city centre, it’s quite easy and fast to get around.
- By shuttle bus: Your first option in most cases is the shuttle bus provided by your cruise line company.
- By public bus: A good alternative is by public bus, which stops in front of the cruise terminal and covers Palma and its surroundings. Right opposite the cruise terminal (Estacion Maritima) exit is a stop for bus N° 1 (EMT bus company) Bus N° 1 takes you in 10 minutes from the cruise terminal to Plaça d’Espanya in the city centre for € 2.50 per person (one way). The bus runs every 15 minutes. If you are docked at the Dique del Oeste near Porto Pi, you can also take bus N° 1 at Dique del Oeste bus stop opposite the San Carlos Castle (which looks like a fort).
- By the hop on, hop off bus: The hop on, hop off bus is a great way to see the city of Palma at your own pace. You can reach the places that are most important to you and enjoy a sightseeing tour of the city at the same time. You may be able to buy tickets on the bus but we recommend buying them in advance to avoid disappointment. Check Click Mallorca website for up to date times, stops and prices (put in the discount box 2compra and get 5% discount).
- By walking: If you have time and like to walk, you can enjoy the splendid view over the bay and the marina as you stroll along the seafront checking out the impressive yachts and small fishing boats.
- By taxi: If you are in a hurry or don’t mind spending some extra euros, a taxi can be convenient as well.
Cruise Ships in Palma Today:
By clicking on the figure below, you can see all today’s ships at Palma’s cruise terminal, with information about cruise line name, name of the ship, arrival time, departure time, docking area…
How far is Palma Airport to the Cruise Port:
The city of Palma is on the southwest corner of the island of Mallorca. Palma Port is also to the southwest of Palma City, although it’s joined with much of city nestled around the port. Palma airport is further away around 10km/6 miles east of the city.
- To go to the airport by taxi:
You can take one of the waiting taxis outside the cruise terminal. The trip costs about 25€ depending on the taximeter.
- To go to the airport by public bus:
There is a bus that goes from Palma Port to Palma Airport and back from the airport to the port. The port stop is number 15 Port de Palma (Estació Marítima just opposite). It’s the N° 1 route bus and costs 5€. There is a bus roughly every fifteen minutes, except between 1:10am and 6:00am. The bus also stops at several places in the city before getting to the airport and takes about 36 minutes.
If your cruise ship has docked by Porto Pi, you can still take the No.1 bus from Dic de l’Oest bus stop opposite the San Carlos Castle. This stop is just to the left of the dock entrance.
Bus route N° 1 Palma Port to Palma Airport: